Klein is released on a time-dependent basis, similar to Twisted.
Each version is numbered with the major portion being the last two digits of the year, and the minor portion being the zero-indexed release number. That is, the first release of 2016 would be 16.0, and the second would be 16.1.
Doing a Release¶
- Change the version number and commit it.
- Clear the directory of any other changes using
git clean -f -x -d .
- Tag the release using
git tag -s <release> -m "Tag <release> release"
- Push up the tag using
git push --tags.
- Make a pull request for this changes. Continue when it is merged.
- Generate the tarball and wheel using
python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel.
- Upload the tarball and wheel using
twine upload dist/klein-*.